The following attractions and locations of the Lake Arrowhead community are located near the cabin on Beaver Lane
- Shopping: Arrowhead Village has many outlet shops and restaurants. There are several antique stores tucked away all over the mountain.
- Music: Arrowhead Village has live bands every weekend during the warm months
- Movie Theater: Two big screens are located in Blue Jay about 10 minutes from Arrowhead
- Fishing: Several spots around the lake. Lake is stocked with fish
- Tour Boat: The “Arrowhead Queen” is the only public boat on the lake. It leaves hourly from the Village. Cost $12 for a 50 minute tour.
- Lake: Arrowhead is 14 miles around and 185 feet deep.
- Groceries: Jensen’s Mini-Market nearby on Hwy 173. Larger Jensen’s in located in Blue Jay. Stater Bros in Arrowhead Village
- Dining: Nearby in Cedar Glen is Cedar Glen Inn with delicious home style cooking in a rustic atmosphere, The Malt Shop featuring huge hamburgers, sandwiches, malts and shakes, Borderline offering Mexican and American food.
- There are many restaurants in Arrowhead Village, including Subway, McDonald’s, Arrowhead Pizza and Deli, Woody’s Boathouse, Bin 189, Saddleback Grill, Belgian Waffle Works, Papagayo’s Mexican Restaurant.
- There are also restaurants in Blue Jay, including, The Royal Oak, Sports Grill, Casual Elegance, Bill’s Villager Coffee Shop, Coldwater Tavern and Arturo’s. For more dining info please see the link to www.lakearrowhead.net or www.rimoftheworld.net. Restaurants close at 9:00 PM every night.
- Snow: 4 Wheel drive is best or if you have snow tire chains, bring them.
- Snow Sports: Snow Valley is 15 minutes North, Big Bear lake is 40 minutes North. Both have slopes, sledding hills and snowboarding.
- Hiking: 60 hiking trails available
- Ice Skating
Lake Arrowhead Village
The Village is the hub of Lake Arrowhead. Many times there are special events and/or live music, but it is always nice to take a stroll. There are rides for children, ducks to feed and unique shops. There is also a variety of dining options, from pizza and burgers to fine dining. These are just a few events in the Village – see www.lakearrowhead.net for more info.
Arrowhead Queen Boat Tour – Tour the lake on a paddlewheel boat, several tours daily from the Village.
Water Skiing- McKenzie’s Water Ski School – Lake Front at the Village
Summer Concert Series – Live music every Friday and Saturday night in the summer - FREE.
Special events; Easter Egg Hunt, Oktoberfest, Trick or Treat, Halloween Bash, Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa
Antique & Classic Wooden Boat Show- June 5th, Dockside in Lake Arrowhead Village
Farmer’s Market – every Friday May 13- Sept 2 5pm-8pm
Jensen’s Market (a great place to shop), Rite Aid, many food choices from burgers finer dining, see dining above.
Cinemas are located at 27315 North Bay Road at the corner of Highway 189 and North Bay Road in Blue Jay.
Host to many events throughout the year Christmas Parade, Pumpkin Patch
29th Annual Lake Arrowhead Rotary Art and Wine Festival. June 25th & 26th
Enjoy fine art and wine along the shores of Lake Arrowhead at Tavern Bay. More than 80 artist exhibits, great wine and food. Ticket Price: $5.00
Trout Derby – April 30 – Sept. 24
Bowling & Entertainment Center
Perky's Pizza (Draft Beer and Wine Available)
Snow Skiing & Boarding
Route information available at Arrowhead / Skyforest Ranger Station, (909) 337-2444
Green Valley Lake
Arrowhead: Exploration Trail, Ridge, Pinnacles
Big Bear: Cougar Crest and Castle Rock
Crestline: Heart Rock and others
Jensen’s Market in Blue Jay, Jensen’s mini market in Cedar Glen, Stater Bros in Lake Arrowhead Village
Boutiques, Specialty and Outlet stores in The Village. Boutique and antique stores can be found in Blue Jay, Cedar Glen and Running Springs.
There are menus in the home. Although there are too many to name, here are just a few:
Cedar Glen: Cedar Glen Inn – delicious home style cooking in a rustic atmosphere. The Malt Shoppe – features hamburgers, sandwiches, malts and shakes. Borderline offers Mexican and American food.
Blue Jay – The Royal Oak, Sports Grill, Casual Elegance, Bill’s Villager Coffee Shop, Razzberries/Coldwater Tavern, Arturo’s Mexican Restaurant, McDonald’s.
Arrowhead Village: Subway, McDonald’s, Arrowhead Pizza and Deli, Woody’s Boathouse, Bin 189, Saddleback Grill, Belgian Waffle Works, Papagayo’s Mexican Restaurant.
Sky Forest - Rocky’s Deli – Hiway 18/Kuffel Canyon
For more information, the following sites are informative