Vista Community College Vista Community College (Logo)
News | Admissions | Publications | Departments | Library | Staff | Services | Community | Search | Help 
Services || CalWORKs | Career | Counseling | Disabled | EOPS | Financial Aid | International | Transfer | Tutoring | Concurrent 
VCC ) Student Services ) Transffer Center 

Vista Transfer Center

Vista's Transfer Center provides information about transferring to the California State University, and University of California systems and to private colleges. A variety of college catalogs and resource materials are available for you to review. You can also meet with four-year college representatives who schedule visits each month. Arthur Wallace, transfer center assistant, can help you use the center's resources and refer you to counselors for transfer-related requirements.

Transfer Center office hours are posted outside of 115. Call (510) 841-8860, Ext. 225 for office hours and more information.

Plan Your Associate Degree, Certificate, or General Education Program

If you wish to complete a degree, a certificate, or transfer to a four-year college, see a counselor during your first semester to plan your program.

Transfer Into Baccalaureate Degree Programs

If you wish to transfer to a four-year college or university, you are encouraged to meet with a Vista counselor to discuss eligibility and admission requirements. A counselor can help you to develop a student educational plan which will outline the courses you must take to fulfill your educational objective.

Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) for U.C./C.S.U.

The California State Universities and the University of California campuses have cooperated to develop IGETC. IGETC is a pattern of courses that you can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements at any CSU or UC campus. You must complete the entire pattern of courses in order to be certified. The IGETC is an alternative option to the CSU General Education Breadth Requirements outlined below. Detailed information about IGETC and specific courses which may be used to meet IGETC requirements should be obtained from a Vista counselor.

CSU General Education Breadth Requirements

If you are seeking a bachelor's degree, the California State University system requires you to complete a 48-semester unit breadth requirement, distributed among five academic areas. Thirty-nine of these units are lower division and may be completed at Vista Community College. Certification is provided when you complete the prescribed pattern of courses. CSU General Education Breadth Requirements and specific courses which you may use to meet them are available from a Vista counselor.

Home | En español | High Visibility | Text Only
Vista Forum